Friday, October 12, 2012

Restaurant (Chap 3)

                         (This image is not mine, it is from http://burritowisdom.wordpress.com/2009/02/).

     So this is Mariela's Tacos, a Mexican restaurant just right outside my apartment.  It's been in our neighborhood for as long as I can remember. They serve good Mexican food like tacos, carnitas, burritos, and many others.  Ironically my favorite order from the restaurant are their cheese burger and fries combo...I don't know, it's just easier for me to eat it on the go.
     As I mentioned before, I live in the Koreatown area with predominantly hispanic and korean population.  You will see evidence of these cultures by looking at the restaurants around. According to the book, "culture provides a group member's identity and heritage, and in the process lays the basis for the group's meaning and purpose."  There are many Mexicans who immigrated here in Los Angeles from their country.  Their culture is tightly intertwined with the general culture here.  Mexican restaurants like this let us know of their culture's presence.  It also brings Mexicans (other hispanics too) together and gives them comfort. Mexican is one of the main regional cultures here in California.

     I actually found an amateur review of Mariela's Tacos on youtube!  The video was uploaded four years ago so their review isn't really reliable now... or then :p  Also check out the comments on the video if you have time.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment